Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing MembraneLaticrete
Laticrete Hydro Ban Waterproofing Membrane
LATICRETE Hydro Ban is a versatile waterproofing membrane that LATICRETE has developed to eliminate the need for the use of fabric in the field, coves, or corners. Hydro Ban is a liquid rubber polymer that can be applied in a similar fashion to paint, forming a flexible and seamless waterproofing membrane over the surface. The thin, load bearing waterproofing membrane is self curing and provides anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8” (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks.
This product meets the following vendor part numbers:
- 1 gallon: Vendor Part No. 9255-0401-2
- 5 gallon: Vendor Part No. 9255-0005-2
Easy to Apply & Fast to Cure
The waterproofing membrane is easy to use and apply. LATICRETE Hydro Ban can be applied right out of the pail using a paint brush, paint roller, or trowel over a suitable substrate. After curing, tile, brick, and stone can be installed directly onto the membrane. A fast curing time (when cured at 70°F (21°C) and 50% RH) allows for foot traffic in 4 – 6 hours and for flood testing in 24 hours. When fully cured, the membrane changes in color from a light sage to an olive green.
Use for Showers & Other Waterproofing Applications
LATICRETE Hydro Ban is ideal for a variety of applications that require waterproofing. Containing Microban antimicrobial product protection, the waterproof membrane is IAPMO (International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials) approved. Hydro Ban can be used in both interior and exterior applications including showers, bathrooms, swimming pools and hot tubs, fountains and water features, kitchens, counter tops, facades, and terraces and balconies over unoccupied spaces.
Features & Benefits
- Allow for flood testing in 2 hours at 70°F (21°C) or higher (Refer to cautions section for more information on curing)
- Does not require the use of fabric (For gaps 1/8" (3 mm) or less see DS 663.5 for complete instructions)v
- Thin; only 0.020–0.030" (0.5–0.8 mm) thick when cured
- Bonds directly to metal, PVC and ABS plumbing fixtures only
- Anti-fracture protection of up to 1/8" (3 mm) over shrinkage and other non-structural cracks
- “Extra Heavy Service” rating per TCNA performance levels (RE: ASTM C627 Robinson Floor Test)
- Changes in color from a light sage to an olive green when cured
- Equipped with anti-microbial technology to protect the treated article.
- Rapid drying for a faster time to tile
- Install tile, brick and stone directly onto membrane
- Exceeds ANSI A118.10 and A118.12
- IAPMO approved
- Lighter color for ease of inspection
- No solvents and non-flammable
- Cement Backer Board (Consult cement backer board manufacturer for specific installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior applications)
- Cement Terrazzo (If skim coated with a Latex Thin-Set Mortar)
- Ceramic Tile & Stone (If skim coated with a Latex Thin-Set Mortar)
- Exterior Glue Plywood (Interior Applications Only)
- Gypsum Wallboard (Interior Applications Only)
- Concrete and Brick Masonry
- Cement Mortar Bed
- Cement Plaster
- Poured Gypsum Underlayment (Interior use only. follow TCNA Guidelines / Methods: F200, RH122, F180)
- 1 Gallon - 50 sq.ft.
- 5 Gallon - 250 sq.ft.
- 1 Gallon (Vendor Part No. 9255-0401-2)
- 5 Gallon (Vendor Part No. 9255-0005-2)
- Laticrete Hydro Ban Product Data Sheet
- Laticrete Hydro Ban Safety Data Sheet
- Laticrete Hydro Ban Installation Instructions
- Laticrete Hydro Ban Spraying Instructions
- 9255-0401-2 (1 Gallon)
- 9255-0005-2 (5 Gallons)
MSRP:Was: $54.00Now: $45.00 - $140.00
MSRP:Was:Now: $125.38 - $543.78
MSRP:Was:Now: $93.60 - $149.95
Custom Building Products
MSRP:Was:Now: $34.75 - $259.80
MSRP:Was:Now: $528.35 - $861.15
MSRP:Was:Now: $237.75 - $511.98
MSRP:Was:Now: $229.67 - $634.52
MSRP:Was:Now: $49.66 - $55.25
item arrived promptly, and intact....as usual:)
Hydroban is a cool product. Goes on easy like paint, just a little thicker...
The 5 gallon bucket I ordered was shipped in a cardboard box with a handful of styrofoam peanuts thrown in. The box must've gotten bumped in transit, becuase the bucket's lid was not sealed when I opened up the box. Some of product had leaked out, and it was a real mess to clean up. I opted to not make a fuss, since 99.9% of the product was intact and totally usable. Still, it should have been packaged better.
Comparable price, good customer service, prompt delivery - would shop here again
Where else can you get superfast service/shipping and a great price on 68 lbs of tile ready rubberized paint-on waterproofing for a shower? I'll tell you... Nowhere but Stone Tooling! Thanks Guys!