Stain-Proof Original - Premium Impregnating Sealer (Formerly Dry-Treat)
STAIN-PROOF Premium Impregnating Sealer, formerly known as STAIN-PROOF Original™, is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that provides premium long term protection for natural stone, tiles, pavers, concrete, brick and grout from water and oil based stains and damage caused by water and dissolved salts. Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean and keep looking good for longer.
- Premium water and oil repellence for superior stain protection: Tested in accordance with ISO 10545-14 Determination of Resistance to Stains: Class 5 (highest class).
- Unique super-penetrating permanent bonding technology for long lasting protection. 15 year written performance warranty can be provided if applied by a Stain-Proof Accredited Applicator*.
- Protects against efflorescence, freeze-thaw and salt spalling damage. (NOTE: Softer materials, including limestone, sandstone and travertine in a freeze-thaw or salt water environment need extra protection - use
VOC (Calculated): < 650g/LPack Size
- 32 fl OZ/.95 SKU# 1105131
- Gallon/3.79L SKU# 110533
- 5 Gallon/18.92L SKU# 110544
- TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL, INCONSPICUOUS AREA FIRST.
- Allow a 24-hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
- Apply when surface temperature is between 40 - 95°F (5-35°C). Avoid moisture contact with the surface for six hours after application. Surface must be dry, clean and free of residues.
- DO NOT thin product.
- Generously apply STAIN-PROOF™ Premium Impregnating Sealer using low pressure hand sprayer or microfiber applicator. Porous surfaces should have a mirror like ‘wet’ look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
- Wait at least 10 minutes (or longer for dense material) and, before the surface dries, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one quart per 20 to 250 sq. ft. (one liter per 2 to 25 sqm), depending on surface absorption. Visit stain-proof.com for our coverage chart.
- After the final coat, wait approximately 10 minutes but, before the surface dries, polish the surface thoroughly with clean, dry, white terry cloths towels or similar to remove excess product, moistening cloth with STAIN-PROOF™ Premium Impregnating Sealer to ease removal.
- Use an organic solvent e.g. denatured alcohol or mineral spirits to clean equipment.
Advanced Application Tips
1. TESTING Premium Impregnating Sealer
Premium Impregnating Sealer must be allowed to cure for at least 3 weeks before undertaking testing.
a. Achieving optimum stain repellence.
Premium Impregnating Sealer’s specially designed sealing molecules migrate through the pores and find sites to bond by a process of chemical reaction, over 3 to 4 weeks! As more Premium Impregnating Sealer molecules bond inside the pores, the material becomes more oil and water-repellent. After 24 hours of cure time, the product will show only adequate stain repellency and zero penetration, but after 3 weeks cure time the results will be significantly better.
b. Achieving maximum depth of penetration.
The modified silane molecules in Premium Impregnating Sealer are hundreds of times smaller than the best modern competitor (fluorocarbon /siloxane) sealers, which cannot penetrate into the pores of dense materials, such as polished granites. After 3 weeks of cure time, typical penetration of Premium Impregnating Sealer into Kashmir white granite is 8 to 13 millimeters.
2. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON DENSE / POLISHED SURFACES.
Premium Impregnating Sealer should be applied to smooth surfaces with a lamb’s wool applicator or cloth, so the sealer is wiped over the surface. Spraying is not recommended for polished surfaces. Drying time between coats should be maximized – approximately 15 minutes.
3. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON HIGHLY POROUS SURFACES
Highly porous surfaces, such as sandstone and soft varieties of limestone should ideally be pre-sealed with a light spray of Premium Impregnating Sealer, at least 8 hours before applying the 2 main coats. Apply sufficient product so the surface looks shiny / mirror wet for at least 3-5 seconds after each coat.
4. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON A NEW TILE INSTALLATION
On a new installation, apply a coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer prior to grouting. Then 24 hours after the first coat, apply the grout. After the grout dries (ideally 24 hours later), apply the second coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer. The first coat of Premium Impregnating Sealer will help reduce the chances of picture framing occuring and make grout haze easier to clean.
5. APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER ON VERTICAL SURFACES
On vertical surfaces you have much less dwell time than on horizontal surfaces as a liquid sealer will run down the wall if a substantial amount is applied. You need plenty of dwell time for the product to penetrate sufficiently. The way to do this is to apply 4 light coats of Premium Impregnating Sealer instead of 2 generous coats. Apply each successive coat before the previous one dries (wet on wet, approxmately 10 minutes between coats). Place tarp or plastic sheets below to catch the excess drips.
6. PROTECT SURROUNDING AREAS WHEN APPLYING PREMIUM IMPREGNATING SEALER
Cover surrounding areas which you do not wish to treat with Premium Impregnating Sealer. Use removable painter’s tape to cover the bottom of walls.