Aqua Mix Seal & Finish Low Sheen Sealer
Confused by Sealers? Take a look here: Sealer Buying Guide
Aqua Mix Seal & Finish Low Sheen Sealer is a specially formulated water-based blend of acrylic polymers that provides both a stain resistant surface seal and a durable low-sheen finish eliminating conventional two-step methods utilizing a sealer and finish. May also be used as a pre-grouting sealer. Allows moisture vapor transmission and is not affected by ultra-violet light.
Aqua Mix Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound Formulas) help provide better indoor and outdoor air quality compared to similar traditional products. 100 grams of VOC’s per liter of material.
Aqua Mix Seal & Finish Low Sheen Sealer has an expected wear up to 13 years. Will vary depending on hardness and texture of surface, type of area, surface wear, frequency, and type of maintenance products used. Expect more frequent application on exterior areas. Weather conditions, harsh cleaning methods, and high-alkaline, acidic, or solvent-based cleaners will affect wear.
Unsealed, high porosity surfaces such as slate, quarry, saltillo, sandstone, terra cotta, cement pavers, and masonry. Effective for interior and exterior applications.
Approximately 300 to 1,000 sq. ft. (30 m2 to 95 m2) per coat per gallon (3.8 L), depending on type, porosity and texture of surface, temperature, humidity, and method of application.
Test a small area according to application instructions with a 24-hour cure time to determine desired results. Test for stain repellency using likely contaminants.
1) Read entire label before using.
2) For new installations sealer can be applied as soon as 48 hours after grouting.
3) Surface must be clean, dry, and free of existing sealers and coatings.
4) Apply using a sponge or paint pad applicator. Avoid puddling.
5) If 2 or more coats are applied, allow a minimum of 30 minutes drying time between coats.
6) 2 hours after final coat conduct a test to determine if surface is completely sealed by applying water droplets to the surface. If water is absorbed, apply an additional coat. Wait 2 hours and repeat the test.
7) Ready for surface traffic 6 hours after final coat. Keep area dry for at least 6 hours. Achieves a full cure in 24 hours.
8) For a high sheen finish on interior surfaces only, apply Aqua Mix Floor Shine & Hardener over Seal & Finish Low Sheen. Allow a minimum of 2 hours drying time before applying Aqua Mix finishes.
9) Clean applicator tools with water after each use.
10) May be reapplied as needed to surface that is clean and dry.
Pre-grouting application: Apply over clean stone or tile a minimum of 2 hours prior to grouting – follow application procedures above.
Aqua Mix Concentrated Stone & Tile Cleaner or AquaKleen is recommended for routine spray and wipe cleaning.
- Do not allow product to come in contact with any non-recommended surface.
- Not recommended for use on glazed ceramic tile.
- Not recommended for use around pools, showers, or areas subject to standing water.
- Keep surface clean and dry to reduce possibility of slip-fall accidents.
Handling & Storage:
- Close container after each use.
- Store in original container only.
- Store and use between temperatures of 50 ºF and 80 ºF (10 ºC and 27 ºC).
MAY BE HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED. MAY IRRITATE EYES AND SKIN. Wear skin and eye protection. Do not breathe vapor or spray. Contains potassium methylsiliconate. If in eyes, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. If on skin, wash with soap and water. If respiratory tract is irritated, remove to fresh air. If irritation persists, seek medical attention. If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical attention.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
Limited Product Warranty Custom Building Products (“Custom”) warrants to the original consumer purchaser that its product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and proper usage for a period of one year following the date of original purchase. Custom’s sole liability under this warranty shall be limited to the replacement of the product. Some states, countries or territories do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This warranty will not extend to any product which has been modified in any way or which has not been used in accordance with Custom’s printed instructions. Custom makes no other warranties either expressed or implied. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary from state to state or from one country/territory to another.
MSRP:Was:Now: $780.00 - $5,950.00
MSRP:Was:Now: $1,293.22 - $1,555.93
MSRP:Was:Now: $22.04 - $39.24
MSRP:Was:Now: $14.32 - $20.64
MSRP:Was:Now: $24.21 - $26.27
Just what I needed to finish my tiles. thank you for the fast shipment.
The sealer looks great on the saltillo and ceramic tiles. Applied four coats since the cement needed so much more product to be waterproof.
This finish did not darken the sanded grout as I had hoped it would, but the low sheen on the brick and the protection is good.